How to tackle Dandruff
Dandruff is more common than you might think. Our Abingdon hairdressers are happy to make recommendations to help you tackle an oily scalp, dry hair or dandruff. For some it can be embarrassing and a nightmare trying to conceal the condition shorter term.
Both men and women suffer in equal measure and it can really affect confidence levels. The question is, how can dandruff be tackled?
Frequently asked questions
What is dandruff? Dandruff is a white, thinly shaped skin particle found in the hair. Originating from the scalp, these can easily become loose and fall. They are mostly visible on clothes and aesthetically they are a frustration particularly if you are image conscious.
What causes dandruff? Lots of things! Stress, tension, wearing a hat, climate, irritating hair products, illness… Just about anything.
How can I combat dandruff? Firstly you need to establish why you have dandruff or more importantly what causes it. There could be more than one cause, so begin by outlining what you do day to day.
Top tips for tackling dandruff
Consider the following:
- Diet: Are the any regular foods or drinks which are likely a trigger?
- Frequency: How often are you washing your hair?
- Water temperature: When you wash your hair are you using hot water?
- Irritated Scalp: Do you scrub your scalp/hair when washing?
- Attire: Do you wears a hat/helmet regularly?
- Climate: Are you regularly exposed to warmer/colder climates?
- Heat: Do you blow dry your hair lots?
- Products: Is there an ingredient that isn’t helping?
How your scalp behaves can often be prevented, though discovering prevention mentions is really crucial. What works for you may not work for me.
Try to address the above one at a time. Whether it’s using tepid/room temperature water, a different shampoo and conditioner, avoiding irritating your scalp through aggressive shampooing or similar, your answer can often be something straightforward.
Wisteria Avenue on instagram
We are a boutique hair salon in Abingdon, Oxfordshire. For hair appointments, visit www.wisteriaavenue.co.uk
☎️ | 01235 534705